NMG Benefits Vacancies | Legal & Compliance Counsel Career Opportunity at NMG Benefits Careers Web-page. NMG Benefits Johannesburg, Gauteng Jobs . Find-out Johannesburg, Gauteng Government Jobs for freshers. Johannesburg Entry Level Jobs In Gauteng. Get latest job Opportunity in South African Government. South African Government Jobs in Johannesburg, Gauteng. Get All Hiring Updates From nmgconsulting.peoplehr.net
Notification Out From NMG Benefits Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In NMG Benefits, Can Apply For Jobs In NMG Benefits For The Position Of Legal & Compliance Counsel. Read Out Full Job Description About This NMG Benefits Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
NMG Benefits Vacancies | Legal & Compliance Counsel Careers Opportunity In Johannesburg, Gauteng
NMG Benefits Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With NMG Benefits As A Legal & Compliance Counsel, Now They Can Apply For NMG Benefits Vacancies. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On NMG Benefits Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around R 7,468.00 per month. NMG Benefits Vacancies In Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Briefed Details Of NMG Benefits Vacancies For Position Of Legal & Compliance Counsel
Recruiting Agency / Department :- NMG Benefits
Vacant Position :- No Vacancies Available At A Time
Jobs Type :- NMG Benefits Vacancies South Africa
Salary :- R 7,468.00 per month
Apply Through:- nmgconsulting.peoplehr.net
NMG Benefits Vacancies In Gauteng, South Africa Full Job Description
Dear Candidates Please Visit Official Website Or Notification PDF For Educational Qualification And Experience Details.
Reporting to the Group Executive Director, this position will work within a small but highly effective global Group legal counsel team, providing a broad range of legal risk and compliance guidance to key stakeholders across the business.
Whilst the role will have exposure to NMG Group’s global activities, its primary focus will be towards NMG Benefits and its related business activities in neighbouring jurisdictions. Key business units within NMG Benefits include: retirement fund administration and consulting, corporate healthcare consulting, actuarial services, personal financial advice, and asset management.
The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to efficiency of the organisation, working closely with business unit managers and functional heads in addition to guiding and supporting a team in order to ensure the appropriate support structure is in place to allow for the achievement of strategic and commercial objectives and growth targets.
The financial services industry is subject to a wide range of legislation and regulation governing how it operates. This is an increasingly complex environment and one where there are severe penalties for breaches of the rules. NMG Benefits adopts a positive attitude towards compliance and strongly supports the principles of Treating Customers Fairly in all aspects of its business – our legal and compliance function is critical in supporting the maintenance of internal awareness and high standards in this regard.
This is a full-time role based in Johannesburg to commence 1st August 2022.
Scope – NMG Benefits Legal, Risk & Compliance
- Possessing broad / generalist legal expertise and able to problem solve with key stakeholders to define legal concerns, risks and appropriate solutions;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial transactions including those for the provision of services to major customers and partners;
- Advising on sector-specific matters including retirement funds administration, health care
- Preparing and negotiating contractual documentation for employee relationships, standard trading arrangements, contractors and other services including confidentiality agreements, licence agreements and non-compete/non-solicitation provisions;
- Advising on employment issues, law and policies, including the management and settlement of employee disputes and litigation;
- Advise, communicate, and ensure understanding of, and compliance with, applicable privacy and data protection laws;
- Advising the NMG Benefits holding company and operating board on general governance principles, including internal policies and proactively advising directors on their roles and responsibilities;
- Performing certain Company Secretarial functions such as attending and minuting Board meetings, preparation of resolutions for directors and shareholders, responsibility for preparation of AGM materials and minutes.
Risk and Compliance
- Leading the Compliance function for NMG Benefits, across several locations in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia with the majority of employees based in the Johannesburg head office;
- Providing input into and implementing a cohesive Compliance strategy;
- Ensuring Compliance processes are effective (and pragmatic);
- Acting as a valued business partner to the Executive Committee, all business heads and key stakeholders;
- Being a key interface between the business and the various regulatory bodies, providing proactive advice and guidance on current and future regulatory requirements and guidelines that govern business activities;
- Having management responsibilities for a Compliance team of three, enabling a high performance work ethic and ongoing professional development within the team.
Scope – NMG Group (shared with two Legal Counsels based in Singapore)
- Drafting and negotiating documents relating to the Group’s capital raising and ongoing strategic investment activity including M&A, cross-border minority investments and restructuring shareholders arrangements in various jurisdictions including drafting share purchase agreements and shareholder agreements;
- Advising the NMG Group holding company and operating board on general governance principles, including internal policies and proactively advising directors on their roles and
- Performing certain Company Secretarial functions such as attending and minuting Board meetings, preparation of resolutions for directors and shareholders, responsibility for preparation of AGM materials and minutes;
- Ad hoc assistance on legal matters for NMG Consulting;
- Living the NMG Values of Collaborating, Curiosity, Go for it and Make it Count in all that your do.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8-10+ years qualified lawyer (South Africa qualifications preferred)
- Significant, multi-year experience within a highly reputable, international law firm and a multi-jurisdictional organisation (preference to candidates who have experience working in an audit, risk, or compliance role in a regulated business at a senior level)
- Solid transactional training and experience with strong drafting and negotiating skills with an ability to manage complex deal structure
- Providing timely, accurate, independent, pragmatic, and commercial legal advice to internal stakeholders while effectively highlighting and managing legal and commercial risks
- Exceptional attention to detail whilst having a solid grasp of broader, material legal and commercial issues when deal making; effectively and efficiently communicate and escalate commercial and legal issues to relevant stakeholders
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with excellent time management skills
- Driven with the aptitude and attitude to learn, embrace, and adapt to changes
- Effective at multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with short turnaround times
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage
- Approachable, dynamic and enthusiastic approach
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to motivate and engage
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of regular hours in light of work requirements and client demands
- Candidates with working knowledge of and experience in South African legislation and regulation as it relates to the provision of Employee Benefits, Asset Management, Healthcare and Personal Investments will be given preference
- Strategic Insight
- Driving Execution and Implementation
- Driving Efficiency
- Operational Judgment
- Leading Change
- Empowerment and Delegation
- Influencing Others
- Executive Presence
- Adaptability and Pragmatism
- Mental Resilience